As a long-time South Florida resident, I’ve seen many homes be built and torn down, all within the span of years. In the same manner, I’ve seen many clients who want to look into buying a home new, and others, who’ve only considered buying used. And the truth is, there is no right or wrong answer to buying a home. I’ve heard miracle stories for both used and newly built home, but in the same vein, I’ve heard horror stories. I think it’s important to recognize the pros & cons of both, and for you as the buyer to make the best decision for you, your family, and your future. Thus, why I present to you: the pros & cons of buying a home new.
- New Amenities – Freshly built amenities, equipped with the most update to-date technology and gadgets, so you don’t have to worry about accessibility or efficiency.
- Available Customization – Newly built homes are open to new designs & trends, without the years of history and personal touches that come with used homes. Your new home would be your own.
- Move-in Ready – When that home is finished with construction, it is finished. There’s no waiting period, or limbo time, when you want to move in, you can. That’s a plus with the hustle of the South Florida real-estate market.
Conversely, the cons:
- On average, more expensive than used – You’re going to have to break out your wallet if you want a brand-new home. You can’t expect to find one at the cost of an older house.
- Construction Nearby – Newly built homes are rarely built in singles, or pairs, so even if your home may be finished, there will most likely be a dozen projects around in the works. This means you might have to live with construction dust for quite a bit.
- Lack of Neighborhood Quality Guarantee – New homes are great, but they don’t come with a new neighborhood. There’s no prior reviews or appraisals of the surrounding neighborhood, which may put you and your family in a more vulnerable or uncertain position.
In the end, the decision is yours, but that doesn’t mean you have to go through the buying process alone. Here, at Choice Mortgage Bank, Inc., we can guarantee a quick, easy, satisfying purchase of the home of your dreams, at the price of your dreams. Whether that be in Miami, Boca Raton, or West Palm, we can match you with the perfect four walls. Call in today, to schedule your first consultation!
Check back in next week, to see if whether buying an older home may be better for you.